Learn more about Charleston dentistry and how you can improve your oral health.
As members of this illustrious institute, our doctors have access to exclusive content that they enjoy sharing with our patients.
We want you to feel empowered and informed, so here are some helpful videos about our top services.
Implants vs Bridges
LANAP® Laser Therapy
Your Questions, Answered
Is your question listed below? If not, call us at 843-766-7131.
- What is a periodontist?The primary focus of a periodontist is caring for the soft tissues of the mouth and the underlying jawbone, which supports your teeth. This specialist doctor is an expert in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, a.k.a. gum disease. Periodontists also study surgical procedures, such as placing dental implants.
To become a periodontist, a dentist must complete dental school and then continue for three additional years studying periodontology.
- When do I need to see a periodontist?In the majority of cases, you will be referred to our office through your general dentist. During your dental exam, your regular dentist may notice the progression of periodontal disease and refer you to our office for assistance. The common symptoms we can help with are:
- Inflamed or bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Loose or missing teeth
- Gum recession
Dr. Laro, Dr. Poston, and Dr. Wade can help you rediscover your gum health and prevent gum disease, which, if left untreated, could cause further whole-health issues.
- What are implant-supported dentures?Rather than simply resting on the top of your gums, implant-support dentures are attached to 4-6 implant posts. The posts are bonded to your natural jawbone, creating a stable foundation for your new dentures.
The dentures themselves are custom-made to look and function as your natural teeth would, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of a beautiful smile once again!
- Am I a candidate for dental implants?There are a number of determining factors as to whether dental implants are the ideal solution for you. Only through a comprehensive exam can we successfully evaluate your smile and conclude that implants are the answer to your dental problem.
- What do I need to do after my surgical procedure?Dr. Laro, Dr. Poston, and Dr. Wade will spend time reviewing the next steps after any treatment you receive at the Center for Periodontics & Implant Dentistry. We create a specific plan for you so you can maintain a healthy smile.
Post Op Patient Instructions
Download your copy to learn more.
If you want to go to a dentist office where everyone is great this is the place for you! My experience was awesome!
Marionette T. (Actual Patient)
Benefit From Our Specialty Care